There are times that I get a little crazy. Sometimes it’s over something small, and I start to question my sanity. Right now, my mind is on school supplies, and I can feel the crazy bubbling to the surface. We’re not even half way through summer, and already I’m thinking about school shopping….
Last year, for Skylar’s Kindergarten school supply list, I gave myself a challenging $10 goal, and totally nailed it. I didn’t have a blog back then, so you’ll just have to take my word on that. I must have gone to 7 or 8 different stores to get everything I needed. If you had boxes of pencils for 1 cent, I was there!! It was exhausting, but I was proud of myself.
This year I’ve decided to give myself the same challenge. Our school will provide all of the children’s school supplies for a price. For first grade, it’s $76. I don’t think so. The list is quite a bit longer than last year’s so I’m going to up my budget to $20. Here’s what I’m going to try to get for that price…
- 2 boxes of crayons – 24 count
- 2 boxes of washable Crayola classic color markers (1 wide, 1 fine)
- 8 Elmer’s glue sticks
- 1 pair of 5″ pointed scissors – Fiskar’s brand
- 2 boxes of 12 #2 pencils
- 1 box Crayola colored pencils
- 2 Pink Pearl erasers
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 roll Scotch tape
- 1 plastic pencil box
- 1 box of quart sized slide-lock bags
- 1 box of gallon sized slide-lock bags
- 4 dry erase markers – Expo/fine tip
- 6 pack of highlighters – chisel tip – yellow/blue/green/pink/orange/purple
- 3 plastic, 2 pocket folders with prongs
- 1 hand sanitizer/foaming
- 3 plastic folders, 2 pocket, red
- 3 plastic folders, 2 pocket, blue
- 3 plastic folders, 2 pocket, green
- 1 envelope, poly, top load, letter sized, velcro closure
I’m a little apprehensive about this goal, but I’m going to do my best. When well planned, I should be able to get most of these items for a dollar or less. Where I know I will have trouble is when they ask for something very specific, like by brand. Or that last one? Not even sure what they’re talking about, so that one’s going to be interesting.
Most of the back-to-school sales will happen next month and there are definitely a few things I will wait to buy then, but I’m going to try to be ahead of the game this year. I’ve got my list, and I’m scouring the sales papers. Let me know if you see something good from my list!
So tell me…do you set a goal for your school supplies? What’s your best pre-school shopping tip? Are you as crazy as I am and go to 100 different stores for the best deals? Tell me all about it!
Happy Hunting People!!